We really wanted to minimize the cost of an Arduino. In order to accomplish this we used all SMD components, made it two layer, etc. This board connects directly to the FTDI Basic Breakout board and supports auto-reset. The Arduino Pro Mini also works with the FTDI cable but the FTDI cable does not bring out the DTR pin so the auto-reset feature will not work. There is a voltage regulator on board so it can accept voltage up to 12VDC. If you're supplying unregulated power to the board, be sure to connect to the "RAW" pin on not VCC.
The latest version of this board breaks out the ADC6 and ADC7 pins as well as adds footprints for optional I2C pull-up resistors! We also took the opportunity to slap it with the OSHW logo.
- ATmega328 running at 8MHz with external resonator (0.5% tolerance)
- Low-voltage board needs no interfacing circuitry to popular 3.3V devices and modules (GPS, accelerometers, sensors, etc)
- 0.8mm Thin PCB
- USB connection off board
- Weighs less than 2 grams!
- Supports auto-reset
- 3.3V regulator
- Max 150mA output
- Over current protected
- DC input 3.3V up to 12V
- On board Power and Status LEDs
- Analog Pins: 8
- Digital I/Os: 14
- Dimensions: 0.7x1.3" (18x33mm)