- Pinout compatible with Arduino boards such as OSEPP brand
- Form factor is breadboard friendly
- Selectable common collector voltage (VCC) 3.3 or 5 V
- Pinout is designed for Arduino and compatible without built-in USB-to-serial converter, such as the Pro and Pro Mini.
- VCC pin can be configured as 3.3 or 5 V by placing a jumper; this allows the board to be used with boards that operate on either 3.3 or 5 V nominal voltage
- The FTDI board is designed for flexible connections to other boards; its female header connects easily to the male pin header of the OSEPP Pro; furthermore, connecting the provided male pin headers to the female pin header allows connections to pinout of the Pro Mini; the male pin headers can also be soldered to the FTDI board to make it breadboard mountable.
- Drivers for the Virtual COM Port (VCP) is available for virtually all mainstream operating systems