STEM kits introduce children into the world of Science – Technology – Engineering and Mathematics through a completely new learning approach! Construct exciting models while learning scientific and technological subjects and doing experiments in each theme.
SIMPLE MACHINES set is a combination of the basic 5 sets of "Discovering STEM" series and covers all Simple Machines mechanisms. These mechanisms offer a mechanical advantage and are crucial elements of many machines and devices. They are designed to multiply or reduce force, increase or decrease speed and convert one type of motion to another.
Build 60 working models that cover the subjects of levers, the wedge, the wheel and axle, the screw, the inclined plane, the pulley, as well as the more advanced gears and linkages!
Kit comes with 5 multipage booklets filled with scientific principles, experimental activities, quiz and building instructions! Full colour images, drawings and interesting facts. Thought provoking building challenges and exercises. Provision to write, note results and draw conclusions.
- The three classes of levers and the use of linkages
- How to gain mechanical advantage from wheel, axles and inclined planes mechanisms
- How to use pulleys to change force and direction of motion
- How to use cams and cranks to produce different types of motion
- How to calculate gear ratio and how worm drives work.
- Interactive 3D instructions; PC, smartphone and tablet friendly
- All parts are non-toxic and made to last.