Our 4228 Red Insulating Varnish is a highly insulating coating with excellent arc and corona resistance. This low viscosity, one-part varnish coating is easy to use and adheres well to many substrates.
The 4228 insulates transformers, coils, armature, motor windings, and various electric generator parts against arc and corona. As well, it protects these parts from corrosion and moisture.
*Industrial Use Only, not for retail sale*
- High dielectric strength - 3 000 V/mil (dry); 1 500 V/mil (wet)
- Insulation Class H - Suitable for service up to 180 °C
- Excellent oil and moisture resistance
- Excellent finish - tough, flexible, glossy, and durable red coat
- Good water and salt water resistance
- Good adhesion
- High gloss