The 5-Position Switch is a normally open contact switch that provides directional output to your project. It has a nice snappy feel, and returns to the center/un-pressed position immediately when it is released. By monitoring the input state of five pins, it’s easy for any microcontroller to detect whether the switch is in the up, down, left, right, or pressed position. It is possible for more than one position to make contact at a time, such as pressed+right, left+down, or pressed+right+down, for a total of 18 output states.
- 8-pin DIP module is ready for breadboard or throughhole projects
- 10 kΩ pull-up resistor included on each positional pin
- Simple communication with any microcontroller
- No external components required
- Power Requirements: Supply voltage = output signal voltage.
- Communication: Single bit high/low output for each position
- Dimensions: 0.70 x 0.95 x 0.78 in (1.78 x 2.41 x 1.98 cm)