With the ability to add a second extruder (by adding K8402, sold separately), the Vertex can perform two-colour prints, adding a whole world of flexibility to your toolkit.
Print with or without your computer! No need to purchase a separate control module to print away from your PC, the Vertex comes standard with the ability to print directly from appropriate files saved on a standard SD memory card.
NOTE: The control board comes from the factory with the firmware for two-nozzle printing. If you intend to use only the stock single-nozzle setup, you will need to update the firmware.
- Print technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Layer resolution: standard: 0.1 mm (maximum: 0.2 mm - minimum: 0.05 mm)
- Build volume: 180 x 200 x 190 mm (7" x 7.8" x 7.5")
- Print speed: 30 mm/s - 120 mm/s
- Build plate surface: 4mm tempered glass over aluminum; includes one sheet of BuildTak™ (consumable) print bed mask
- Filament: 1.75 mm diameter ABS or PLA (accepts all filament spools with a mounting hole = 53 mm).
- Nozzle diameter: 0.35mm
- Distance between nozzles: 23.7 mm
- Maximum nozzle operating temperature: 270 °C
- Firmware: Modified Open Source Marlin 3D Printer (user-upgradeable)
- Software: Repetier - CuraEngine - Slic3r (RepRap compatible)
- Controller: AVR ATmega2560-based
- Overall Dimensions: 360 x 380 x 395mm (without spools)
Second Nozzle for VERTEX K8400 3D PrinterPart Number: K8402